Saturday, April 26, 2014

W is for Worship

Everyone is on their own personal paths toward their relationship with the Lord. It doesn't matter where you are in your journey, as long at you're there! "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God." Colossians 3:16. I absolutely loved studying Colossians, and if you are just starting on your journey, I would start with daily devotionals, and studying Colossians. It will fill you with the loving messages and, I believe, put you on the right path toward worshiping with your soul. When people ask me if I pray, I tell them that I pray with every breath that I take (I do conventionally pray as well). Something that was discerning to me, a few years ago now, was that I have never been one to shut my door to individuals that present themselves with the word of God. I never assumed anything from these individuals, but when it was becoming more dominate of their other motives, I had to step back. I am a non-denominational Christian and I refuse to be labeled when my faith is concerned. When I am challenge, I have the armor that God himself has equipped me with.

 

One time, when an individual was desperately trying to keep me within their clutches (I felt) they questioned something that we had (material possession) and accused me of worshiping false idols. I had to stop them in their tracks - that was the definitive moment when I knew this was not the path He wanted me to be on - I do not worship 'false' idols. Material possessions are not worshiped, I do not bow down to them or pray to them. For this individual to manipulate the situation in the way that they did, gave me an entirely new insight,
as if He showed me their true nature and dangers. God tells us to be weary of false prophets, this is why it's crucial to read the word for yourself. I loved the beginning sessions because it was just how worshiping is intended - two or more people gathered together reading the word, sharing their experiences, and prayer. "God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth." John 4:24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments here. We look forward to reading them!