Friday, April 25, 2014

V is for Vengeance

When studying the Bible I remember reading about how God wants us to not seek vengeance; God will deliver His own ruling and it would be better than anything this realm can deliver. "Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord." Romans 12:19 Many people refer to this as Karma. I have a really hard time wishing harm on others. Maybe it is because I have experienced such pain and suffering that I don't wish it on anyone else. However, the Bible teaches us to love our neighbors, even those that hurt and oppose us - right? "Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself." Leviticus 19:18 I can understand being hurt; I've been
hurt. There was a time (there have been plenty of times) that I have wanted to hurt someone. However, I am thankful for God and His teachings that refrained me from doing so. "It is mine to avenge; I will repay. In due time their foot will slip; their day of disaster is near and their doom rushes upon them." Deuteronomy 32:35 My thought has always been as well, if God forgives us, than shouldn't we forgive each other as well? When we let go of that baggage or pain we've been harboring, you'll feel that negative weight just lift right off as well. Holding on to such a disease will also physically damage you. When we let go and not hold onto those thoughts of vengeance, we can live in peace and have His Spirit of peace within us. Another great quote is Ezekiel 25:17.

1 comment:

  1. There are a lot of things you can do to be more self-sufficient. The key is to be creative and to use your imagination.

    For example, if you are a coffee drinker, you can start a coffee garden - https://green-gardens.org/. It is easy to grow coffee beans in pots, and you can grow them in your backyard. You can also use the coffee grounds to fertilize your garden.

    ReplyDelete

Add your comments here. We look forward to reading them!