Thursday, April 3, 2014

C is for Coffee

April A to Z Challenge

Recently I have regained my love for coffee. I have a love-hate relationship with the delicious caffeine filled substance. I have to watch how much I drink, because of my past issue with kidney stones, if I drink too much tea or coffee then it seems to bother my kidney's and then I have to take a break from it for a while.  Last week was the first cup I've had in a few months, just so happens that the electricity went out for a few hours. I was hyped up with not power or internet... what do you think happened next?
I went through a back-log of mail that I have been neglecting to address... why go through a stack of bills when you don't have the money to pay for them...
It's amazing what I am able to accomplish when there is no television or internet to that I get sidetracked with. Usually, I have a hard time getting that energy or motivation to get going. Although, when I drink a cup of coffee it gives me that pick-me-up that I need to get the day started.


Do you drink coffee? What is your favorite - or your ritual pertaining to coffee? 
My favorite coffee is Dunkin' Donuts, although I usually have to wait forever for the cup to cool down enough to take that glorious first sip. I've tried other brands and nothing compares, in my opinion. Especially in the fall, when they have their pumpkin spice. I love fall time, add pumpkin spice in the mix and it makes everything darn near perfect.


There are tons of great coffee gifs and meme's - here are a few of mine. I love these two Snark E Cards, I think it's pretty accurate. Most people that depend on coffee in the morning can't wait to get their hands on it, and then they can function for the day - maybe after their second cup. 


I remember hearing a while back how someone was able to sue a popular restaurant chain because they spilled their coffee on themselves. Really? That goes along with the individual who sued (I believe the same popular food chain) because they became fat after eating their food. Wait - what? Coffee is hot, if you put it in your mouth, chew it, and then swallow it - repeatedly - you could become fat. I feel like a huge "duh" is in order here. But, it just proves the saying: Common sense isn't so common anymore.



My Coffee Haiku

Coffee warms the mouth
gravitates south warms the tummy
Coffee energizes the day
until the morning next divide


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments here. We look forward to reading them!