Monday, April 14, 2014

L is for Library

Who Knew!!

Apparently April is the National celebration for both Letter Writing and for Libraries! For the sake of keeping the April A to Z Challenge posts short and sweet, I'll stick with Library. According to the American Library Association (ALA) April hosts the National Library Week and is recognized from April 13th - 19th 2014. The ALA first sponsored the week long acknowledgment in 1958 and it is for libraries and librarians for recognition to their contributions. This year theme is about how lives change at the library. 

When was the last time you were at your local library?

Check with your local library to see what great activities are planned. To find your local library visit @ Your Libraries (The Campaign for America's Libraries) you can enter your zip code and it will show you a list of libraries that are located, you can move your arrow over the selection and it will give you the address, site location on a map, and other information. Sometimes in our digital age, we might forget about the library and what it has to offer. I know my local library has free DVD rentals (with your library card). It doesn't cost anything to sign-up at your library either. There is more in the library than books too, there are movies, music, and even games now. Some libraries even offer digital services and you can link it to your Kindle device. I know for a while I did not have internet service, so I had to access my e-mail at my library. Another time, I did not have a printer; I had to only pay like 25 cents per copy or print out. It is truly a towns hidden gem. If you have kids, they have great activities and toys you can check-out as well! 


Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments here. We look forward to reading them!