Friday, September 11, 2015

REMEMBERING 9/11



In memory of the tragic events that happened 14 years ago today, I wanted to share my memory, and thank the many service men and women who gave their lives that day. Plus, I would like to thank God for the many service men and women that continue to sacrifice and give for their fellow man; with little or no recognition. It really makes me sad to think that these same service men and women are being targeted on the streets today. Where have our dignity and morals gone?

September 11th, 2001, I was working at a special needs school and every morning I was scheduled to leave to work at a student's home. Every day was the same, I would sign-out, proceed to my car, and make my way to their home. However, on this day, as I listened to the radio frantic reports were coming in about a horrific accident in New York. My hands began to shake, but I kept them on the steering wheel, and kept driving to my destination. Once I arrived, I asked immediately what was going on, their television was on and we all anticipated the reports. A plan had crashed into the World Trade Center in New York. Immediately my heart dove toward my stomach, I have family in New York, again my heart beat against my stomach as reports started coming in about terrorist attacks. I still managed to get through the lesson plans, even though my legs were weak and my hands shook. When I returned to school, there was a lot of buzz going around, and schools inevitably let out early. Making a cell phone call at this time was impossible as the message would inform you that all circuits were busy or shut down. As we continued to hear of other attacks and attempts, life as we know it would change forever. 

At the time I was living with my then boyfriend; (who would later become my husband, and then ex-husband) we were house-sitting. The people we were house-sitting for were in the military and were living over in Afghanistan. Later, as I sat in this house watching the reports, I could feel the terror as a thought crossed my mind; were the people we were house-sitting for in danger, what and where would the next attacks happen? I even considered if they would attack specific homes and was this home I was house-sitting a potential target? How could this happen and why did this happen? So many have speculated and we have yet to have definitive answers. I know the general populace believed that Osama Bin Laden was behind the attacks, and if he was he's now answering for his crimes; since supposedly he was killed. Fourteen years later and we're still waiting for justice. Will we ever feel at peace? Too many people died that day for anyone to ever forget. I pray that those directly involved and who have lost dear loved ones, can find it in their hearts to forgive the ignorance of others; only then could we find the peace so many are seeking. That doesn't mean we will ever forget, we can forgive, but never forget.


It seems strange now to even fathom that I was married a few months later, had a child and experienced so much in that time, and lost that child all in this span of fourteen years. How children that lost their parents that day are now full-grown and leading their own lives. How wive's and husband's who lost their significant other's fourteen years ago, are now married and their families have grown. However as Vigil's serenity states "No day shall erase you from the memory of time." As American's I hope we take these memories and challenge ourselves to stand firm against those working against our nation; forgive their actions as we would want to be forgiven. We need to pray, and pray hard for this nation. Too many deals are being conducted that makes my stomach just turn. Our government was once a fierce and solid institution; now it is a cowardly and greedy one. They would sell US all to make a profit. Just keep that in mind this election season and as we watch what the government continues to make deals with; especially overseas.

"If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

23 comments:

  1. I recommend you to read this info if you want to brainstorm good college essay topics. It's important to know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog is filled with unique good articles! I was impressed how well you express your thoughts and sharing your experiences.I never regretted any moment that came to your blog! :) ابی

      کامیار

      سامی بیگی

      Delete
  2. Your blog is filled with unique good articles! I was impressed how well you express your thoughts and sharing your experiences.I never regretted any moment that came to your blog! :)


    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazon:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S2ZZMG8
    YWECAN Car Cup Holder Mount for iPhone Xs/XS Max/X/8/7 Plus & 7"-10.5" Tablets, Universal Car Cradles Adjustable Gooseneck for Apple iPhone iPad Pro Air Mini, Samsung Galaxy Tab
    UPGRADED:2-IN-1 UPGRADED DESIGN: Fits all smartphones and iPad or other tablet 7 to 11 inches. such as Apple iPad Pro 10.5 / 9.7, iPad Air 2 / 1, iPad Mini 4/3/2/1,iPad Air 1/2,Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8/9.6/10.1 inch,Samsung Galaxy Tab S/S2, iPhone XS/8/8 Plus/6 Plus, Samsung Note 8/9/s9, Google Pixel 3/ 3XL, OnePlus 6T, Huawei Mate 20 Pro, LG G7 ThinQ, SONY etc.
    This Universal cup mount holder car kit comes with cellphone holder and tablet holder. Adjustable base for a perfect fit in most cars' cup holders.
    YWECAN Cup Holder Phone Mount is adjustable and fits firmly and perfectly, securely in the cup holder for car, truck or SUV, fitting to varying size cup holders in your vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Acupuncture Clinic Midtown Manhattan, NYC| Acupuncturists near Me| Workinprogressacu.com:Natural holistic healing through acupuncture. Google “acupuncture treatment near me” to discover our two NYC clinic locations. Visit our Flatiron or Midtown Manhattan location to receive a treatment by an expert licensed acupuncturist to achieve optimal health and wellness.

    Source: Acupuncture treatment near me

    ReplyDelete
  5. At Assignment Studio, we have professional experts for engineering assignment help australia to provide you best service with affordable services.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking for project scope time and cost management assignment help at Affordable Prices only at Assignment Studio. Get 24/7 Live Chat Support.

    ReplyDelete

Add your comments here. We look forward to reading them!