Saturday, August 8, 2015

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED #12

July - "Girls Just Want to Have Fun"


In July there was a death in the family. Death always makes us look at the mortality of life. Life really is too short. This month I also focused on counting my blessings instead of obsessing over what isn't "right" in my life. Who says it's not "right"? I've really worked on detoxing myself with societal standards. Yeah, I might not look like the girls in magazines or the women on television, but I'm NOT them and I have been through REAL trauma and hell (a couple times) in my life. The scars I do have I wear as a proud reminder that life tried to knock me down (repeatedly) but, I didn't let it keep me down. I'm a survivor. It's taken me a long time to accept that I'm not perfect - but, who the hell is - NO ONE! Jesus is the only person that has been the standard for perfection - and he died so that we can live. What does that tell you - It tells me not to waste anymore of my time with fear or any of that silly business and just have fun. Speaking of fear, I read a devotional recently where it talked about how there are 365 passages in the Bible where God specifically tells us not to be fearful, and that's a daily reminder for an entire year - do not fear, He is with you.


Not that I'm going to go out, kick my heels up, and cause drama. Quite the opposite, I try to stay far-far away from drama. I know I deserve someone who will treat me right, cherish what I do have to offer, and want to grow old together. My delusional thoughts like to keep me knocked down by telling myself that I'm fat, and therefore I am ugly; that I am nothing, and that I have nothing to offer. Lies. When doing devotionals I've read repeatedly how "the devil" likes to tell us these lies because it can keep us from furthering our relationship with God. However, sometimes we have to travel those troubled waters to draw closer to Him - and that's what he wants, He wants US. So, I started doing devotionals learning about God's love, and defining love itself. When I listened to songs, instead of telling myself "that would be nice, if a man thought that way about me" or something along those lines - so I had to recondition my brain, instead of wishing for a silly relationship with an earthly man, I would listen to the song and think about God's love; unconditional and unyielding - much more meaningful than any sort of mortal, flesh ridden love. Next time you are feeling unloved, find your favorite love song, and instead of dwelling on those lost loves, or the love that you long for in the song, think of God's love instead and tell me that you aren't immediately filled with the Spirit.


5 comments:

  1. Do you want to learn more about writing Stanford Essay? On https://essaydragon.com/blog/stanford-essay you can get what you want

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. دانلود آهنگ جدید دانلود آهنگ های جدید
      دانلود آهنگ شاد دانلود آهنگ های شاد جدید
      دانلود آهنگ غمگین دانلود آهنگ های غمگین جدید

      Delete
  2. A successful and effectively written film review essay covers multiple aspects about the movie, such as the movie plot, overall cinematography principles, lighting, costumes, symbols, dialogues, characters, and others. If you can't do it by yourself, then hire https://order-essays.com/buy-movie-review-essay/

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Woman Just Want to Have Fun" and "We Are Family" by Sister Sledge.
    The song was performed by the cast of the musical during the closing credits of the film. It was also released as a single, which reached number one on the US Billboard Hot 100 and number two on the UK Singles Chart. It was the first number one single for the group, and the first number one for a female group in the 1970s. It also won the Grammy Award for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal at the 21st Grammy Awards in 1980.

    ReplyDelete

Add your comments here. We look forward to reading them!