Tuesday, June 23, 2015

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED #8

MARCH


With the end of the challenge around the corner, I realized that I was way behind on posting! I took a break from blogging and writing and now I have to get my head back in the game. I am happy to report that the challenge is still intact and no signs of any interruption on the horizon. March marks seven months after a friend challenged me to "No Men for a Year" and in these months I've really strengthened my resolve. As I've mentioned before, I've always sought relationships with men because I have this need to feel love, and within my thought patterns this could only be achieved within that relationship. Well, times here are a changing, as the saying goes.

When I first started the challenge, I didn't think that it would be that big of a deal, especially since I've never really been "lucky in love" - men have never "lined up" at my door - so to speak. But, the entire purpose of the challenge was for me to essentially learn to respect myself. Now, I can tell a guy "No" and have the conviction to stand firm behind it. I can now see how unhealthy my mental reasoning and my actions have been in the past. Which lead to one of my new dating rules (for when there is a contender, and I say contender because I'm not lowering my expectations). This new rule is that he has to seek me out. In the past it seemed, in the majority of my relationships, that I was the aggressor, I was the one making contact, pushing to go out and so forth, but not anymore. I have been proud of myself that when I have wanted to do something along those lines, I have stopped myself and mentally talked myself down with reminders of the new rule - it's definitely helped.

Other than that, this month I focused more on my friends and family, and taking time for myself. I
reconnected with activities that I enjoy. Which one was very time consuming and quite the guilty pleasure, I am referring to my Xbox 360. I played through the majority of Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect. We all need to spoil ourselves once in awhile.

Check Out The Past Posts:

4 comments:

  1. These important tips will help you to learn more about using spy apps. It's really important

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. دانلود آهنگ جدید دانلود آهنگ های جدید
      دانلود آهنگ شاد دانلود آهنگ های شاد جدید
      دانلود آهنگ غمگین دانلود آهنگ های غمگین جدید

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys! I am professional writer and I really appreciate writer who create such wonderful blogs and articles. I love to read about books, their arthours and so on. Moroever, I am writer too, and hope that one day my stories will be so well known as book of famous writers, but for now I help students with their home assignments, so you can learn how to write a film review for college through my https://cheap-papers.com/buy-term-papers-online.php writing platform.

    ReplyDelete

Add your comments here. We look forward to reading them!