Monday, January 12, 2015

YEAR OF THANKS

The past few years have been challenging to say the least. I've been through too much and I am declaring that 2015 will be my YEAR OF THANKS! I want to renew my relationship with God, learning His word, growing spiritually, and letting it all take root in my life! With the new year I had already challenged myself, that every morning when my alarm goes off to immediately open my Bible app and read the scripture for the day. Then, on Joyce Meyer Ministries Facebook page, they have been posting so many wonderful daily devotionals (which I have been reading). As well, they have issued different challenges, the #YEAROFTHANKS challenge (which I will be doing), and the 3030 challenge (I didn't sign-up for but, in essence I will be doing anyway).

For my Year of Thanks challenge I am going to post something I am thankful for in my life each month. This will help me in different ways. It will help me spiritually, it will also help me to overcome the fear of expressing what I am thankful for. In the past, when I have praised or shown appreciation for something in my life - to me - I felt that it was taken away from me. I know God does not want me to live in fear and if I continue to be afraid, then that negativity will consume my life. I want to be happy, God wants me to be happy, and I know this is the route to my happiness. This is the journey He wants me to take...

JANUARY

So, to start off my Year of Thanks Challenge, the first thing above all else that I am irrevocably thankful for is God. Without Him by my side, I don't know how I would have survived everything that I have. I know He was with me when I was in the hospital, I know He's been with me through the darkest of times, and He always will be. He has understood when I have been mad and He remains patiently by my side. "Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6 ESV 

For the past couple of years I have sort of crept into this depression where I thought I wasn't getting "the good things in life" because, for some reason, God wasn't rewarding me. My entire mind-set was wrong and because I wasn't studying His word or working on our relationship, that depression fueled those delusional thought patterns. After losing so much and having to move back in with my parents, when I'm well into my 30's now, is rather depressing. However, my faith tells me that God has a plan and I should not seek worldly desires. What I want for my life isn't necessarily what God wants or has had planned. "Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Hebrews 13:5 ESV

I pray that God will continue to guide and teach me, that I continue to grow, and to honor Him. Through His timing, that I walk His chosen path for my life that He has blessed me with. I praise God for everything that He has blessed me with in my life so far and look forward to what He still has in store for my future. I pray for those less fortunate than I am, that He work in their lives, and that we all work together to glorify Him. Amen.



7 comments:

  1. This is your time to write an essay on leadership. I have this https://justdomyhomework.com/blog/writing-leadership-essay tutorial for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My educator is leaving toward the finish of the school year. I need to give her a truly contacting thank you a letter, however, Celebrity Movies leather jackets I don't know what I should advise her. She's a pleasant, kind, mindful, accommodating and clever instructor! Would someone be able to assist me with creating a note for her?!
      فرشید امین

      شهرام شب پره

      Delete
  2. My educator is leaving toward the finish of the school year. I need to give her a truly contacting thank you a letter, however, Celebrity Movies leather jackets I don't know what I should advise her. She's a pleasant, kind, mindful, accommodating and clever instructor! Would someone be able to assist me with creating a note for her?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Search Plumbers Near Me on web Plumbers Near Me,and find our plumbers across the United States. We provide best plumbing services, actively responding to query of Plumbers Near Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! The best assignment writing company provides learners help on all subjects you need to write and related topics such as finance, marketing, management assignment, essay writing and others. Our smart mentors offer the best help services to pupils at super low prices. So, fellas, click on this online help paramountessays.com/essay-paper
    website if you are in need of writing help too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys! I have used referral program to get discounts on my orders and none of my referred friends has complained about essay services. I'd recommend Expert Writers service for a study postgraduate class. They seem to have a very good library given that the writers always choose credible sources and all citations are usually accurate and done perfectly. Their service is worth the money spent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.
    Hi! We are water treatment company in uae Great points made up above! And
    Stainless Steel Filter Cartridges thanks…
    I think this is one of the most important information for me. And i am glad reading your article. But should remark on few general things…

    ReplyDelete

Add your comments here. We look forward to reading them!