Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Prayers and Perseverance

These past few days have been riddled with emotions. Terrified for the individuals and communities that have to deal with the tornadoes that have caused so much destruction. Sadness for the lives that have been lost, and sorrow for the children that were taken too young, and those that will be scarred for life.  Watching the footage and pictures of the 20+ miles that were obliterated is gobsmacked and shocking. I couldn't even begin to imagine where you would start in attempts to rebuild and move forward.
It seems like it has been one thing after another here lately. The tragedy in Boston and now this tragedy in Oklahoma. Many often ask why - why does God do these things? Through my studying of the Bible, Bible studies, and devotionals, I have learned that God wants us to enjoy our lives. I know that when my son was born with special needs I was very angry with Him. The epiphany was when I understood it is o.k. to be angry, He understands our pain and suffering. He loved us so much that He gave us free will - where He might not be able to prevent natural disasters and tragedies, He is definitely there to help us back up. Don't turn away from your faith or His Spirit because you might not understand, instead pray to Him about it, ask Him to give you peace and understanding.
My thoughts and prayers go out to those affected by the tornadoes, we are a people of perseverance.
~ K.E.Nowinsky

1 comment:

Add your comments here. We look forward to reading them!