Sunday, February 15, 2015

YEAR OF THANKS #2

FEBRUARY

The second month in my Year of Thanks Challenge and looking back on the past few weeks there are many things that I am thankful for. But, this month I want to especially thank God for my friends. One of the highlights of my year so far was having lunch with a friend, it was such a special day to me, we had gone to a restaurant that we both had not been to before, and there in this public place she brought her paperback copies of both of my self-published works for me to sign. It was a great moment in my life. We had only recently reconnected after a few years, we both have gone through so much, and it's been so wonderful catching up. I'm just so thankful that this friend is back in my life.

"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow..." Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

I'm very blessed and thankful for the friends that I do have in my life. While I do appreciate the networking and virtual friends, it has been the physical interactions that have meant more to me through this time in my life. When I was caring for my special needs son, the friends that made the effort to stay in my life, who visited and showed their support mean the world to me. The friends that have continued to be by my side through all the dark times and rough patches, they are the ones that are still there. I may not have a plethora of friends, but the one's I do have are real blessings. When we do get together to time shared is valued and cherished.

"A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24


4 comments:

  1. It's clear for me that information from https://admission-writer.com/blog/why-columbia-essay will be useful to read for students. Here you can learn more about Columbia Essay Writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. دانلود آهنگ جدید دانلود آهنگ های جدید
      دانلود آهنگ شاد دانلود آهنگ های شاد جدید
      دانلود آهنگ غمگین دانلود آهنگ های غمگین جدید

      Delete
  2. Hello, thanks for this interesting post. I like February also. Frankly speaking, a lot of great events happened to me in February. To be more precise I completed my first hungry 40s sample essay task.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to advise all forum users an excellent service for writing essays and articles. Here you will find a variety of articles and essays for every taste. buyessay.net

    ReplyDelete

Add your comments here. We look forward to reading them!